A rare photo of the man who is thought to be the man in the photograph – and who was killed in the attack – is in the hands of the public for the first time

An image of a man who was shot dead in an alleged terrorist attack on a train in Sydney’s north-east is now in the public domain.

Key points:The man’s identity is being withheld because he is a victim of the terror attack and his family is not involved in itPolice say they have been “forced” to make an emergency call for the public to look at the photo of a deceased manThe image has been used as a “memorial” for the dead manKey pointsThe man was shot on an underground train in the early hours of the morning on Monday, January 16, 2017, in Sydney, according to NSW Police.

Police said the victim was a father-of-two who was sitting in a carriage with a woman on the platform.

“The man is in a life-threatening condition in hospital.

His family are not involved,” police said.”

It’s a tragedy for the community and for our officers.”

The man died at the scene and his identity has not been released.

But the image of the deceased man was not only released by police but was also handed to the public through social media.

It was shared widely on social media, with many people commenting on the man’s body.

“I know this is a sad day for the family, but he was in a position to get to his destination safely, and he did,” a user named “Gill” wrote.

“He had a gun and I’m sure he could have killed someone.

#SydneyStrong #RIP.””RIP to the man you were,” another user named Jack wrote.

The man had been standing next to a female passenger on the train and the woman said the two had exchanged words and then pulled out a knife, according for ABC News.

“They walked off and I think they were making threats to her, to her family,” Sydney police said in a statement.

“There was a knife in their hands.

They took it from the victim and walked off.”

The gunman is believed to have been a father of two from a local working class family.

He had travelled to Sydney from Queensland, the NSW Police Commissioner said.

The train is not being named because of the ongoing investigation.

Topics:law-crime-and-justice,law-and the-courts,crime,terrorism,sydney-2000,wollongong-2500,sydney-3000,newcastle-2300,vic,australiaMore stories from New South Wales